- Creative Recruiters | Melbourne | Part Time Job
- Post Production Manager/Three days a week
- Young and vibrant Creative Production Company
- Salary $70K plus super
I am currently working with a young, creative and narrative-based content production company in Melbourne’s Northern suburbs that is looking for a talented and experienced Editor to join the team as the Head/Manager of Post-Production with strong technical skills and a creative mindset to join their team.
For this role, we are looking for an individual who has a strong cinematic and creative vision with understanding or experience in marketing and cross-platform content creation (inc. online) to run the editing of visually captivating videos with a strong narrative and engagement.
Working alongside a small team you will have a strong input in the work created by the studio and have the freedom to let your creativity flourish, develop innovative content and grow with the team and company.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Edit content from start to finish
- Track resources associated with the post-production (time, budget, energy)
- Regularly meet with and provide project status reports to the Director and/or Producer
- Update the data inventory, maintaining hard drive and cloud storage
- Research new post-production methodologies, workflows and techniques
- Assist with the creative process, representing the interests of the production
- Optimise post-production workflows where required
- Participate with the team in the creative brainstorming processes
- When required, assemble a team and monitor project flows as well as ensuring a cinematic aesthetic is maintained
Since this is a technical position, technical understanding of all elements of post-production, editing on Premiere, pre-set plugins and proficiency across the Adobe Creative Cloud suite is essential. High knowledge of colour-grading, sound mixing and mastering are important. Special effects are an added value. Camera operation and shooting is valued but not essential. We are looking for an editor at heart, someone who enjoys putting together stories from start to finish.
Experience managing a pool of editors, sourcing editors, managing workflows and projects in the post environment is highly valued, as this position is hands-on.
Experience and understanding archives ie. NAS Server and Data Management is essential as well as google apps and project management software.
If you have the required skills, please apply now and provide case studies that showcase your narrative based videos.
Please note that we get a high volume of applicants for positions. If we do not get back to you in 48 hours, your application has been unsuccessful.
Only those with the requested experience will be responded to.
Applicants must be residing in Australia with work rights.