Join our client, a leading design and manufacturing agency specialising in retail visual merchandising are looking to recruit a Mid-Level Industrial Designer.
This is a permanent, full-time role requiring on-site presence in their Melbourne office (no hybrid arrangements), offering a dynamic and creative environment.
As an Industrial Graphic Designer, you will play a vital role in the design and manufacturing of displays for large retail clients.
This position involves direct client interaction, on-site visits, and the utilisation of manufacturing equipment in their factories. We are seeking a highly organised and dynamic individual with a strong conceptual foundation and expertise in manufacturing techniques.
- Design and manufacture displays for retail clients and pharmacies
- Work with various materials such as cardboard, cabinetry, plastics, and metal
- Utilise 3D modelling, drafting, and rendering software (Solidworks, DraftSight, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Manage multiple projects, work under pressure, and meet client deadlines
- Incorporate advanced features, including laser-cut components, into display designs
- Collaborate with the team and independently contribute to creative projects
- Conduct client visits for job briefs and meet with suppliers - (Full drivers license required)
- Tertiary qualification in Industrial Design (required)
- Expert knowledge of 3D modelling, drafting, and rendering software
- Broad experience in manufacturing with materials like cardboard, cabinetry, plastics, and metal
- Working knowledge of print production is advantageous
- Personality traits: confident, ability to take ownership with projects and a positive attitude.
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Must have a car and a valid driving license for offsite client visits
- Experience in the industrial, manufacturing, or display industry
- Background in marketing with a transition interest, understanding multiple client management
- Career development opportunities
- Recognition and promotion within the organisation
- Work with a passionate and supportive team
- Witness the realisation of designs in their manufacturing factories (onsite)
- Regular social events and team lunches
- Annual hosted event - expensed by the company
If you are a creative and dynamic individual with a passion for design and manufacturing, make sure to submit your resume and portfolio.
Please note, applicants must be Australian citizens or hold Permanent Residency to be eligible for this role. Unfortunately, sponsorship will not be provided.