Collaborating with an existing team that includes a Brand Advisor, other freelance Senior Designers, finished artists and studio managers, you will enjoy developing concepts and being able to communicate your ideas clearly and succinctly.
You'll be able to take your work from concept all the way through to finished art (if necessary), and have strong creative problem solving skills. You'll have experience with the development of a brand and have the nous to push existing style guides a little further.
You'll be able to work in a timely manner and your prior experience ensure that you have the ability to really listen to the brief resulting in less time briefing, less time repeating information and less edits to design work.
Nothing is too much bother to you, and if you’re asked to push your creative thinking further, you welcome the opportunity to be stretched.
As a Senior Graphic Designer you will get to:
- Participate in client presentation, internal feedback meetings and Creative Services weekly meetings
- Proof and quality control of concept/design/finished art-work to a senior level
- Nurture you’re keen eye and high attention to detail
- Collaborate with team members on a variety of projects which could include any one or combination of the following:
- Layout and design, collateral roll out, logo design, design amends, finished art, illustrator maps, infographics, digital and print assets, PPT/Word collateral, long document formatting, creative design layout, infographics, concept design and layout, branding, template work, press ready artwork, word accessible docs, visual problem solving, senior level design advice, senior to mid-level mentoring and more.
Given the nature of this studio, you will need to be a quick learner to pick up on the processes although assistance is provided. You'll also have a professional, pleasant and mature communication skills for those moments when you're dealing with clients.
You'll be right across the Adobe Creative Suite CC using a MAC platform, and able to proof and quality control of concept, design and finished artwork to a senior level.
To be suitable for this opportunity, you'll also have skills with Microsoft PowerPoint and Word.
Lengths of projects vary, but it’s common to be offered 3 months work at a time. Once you’re working for this high profile internal studio, you will be asked to extend or return again and again. You need to be able to work a full day (think 9:00-5:30) and be set up to operate from your home studio.
We promise you that you'll want this freelance gig and we have to move quickly so be sure to apply here or send your combined CV and Folio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you must have full Australian working rights (no working visas) and only those who can demonstrate the standard of branding design in their portfolio that our client expects will be responded to.