A boutique marketing agency in Bendigo is looking for a Production/Operation Manager. The business focuses on B2B clients in the industrial / manufacturing sectors and also possess expertise in local and state government communications, the water industry, tourism and economic development.
They offer strategy implementation services include writing, strategic communications planning, public relations, social media, stakeholder engagement, graphic design, advertising, brand management and market/social research.
The Production / Operations Manager plays a key role at managing the day-to-day work of the office, the design studio and leading the staff team. The position also has a hands-on role in creative leadership in the business.
Leadership / staff management:
- Manage the staff team including ensuring the right mix of skills is in place
- Staff performance management
- Identify training required and any new positions required or changes to existing positions
- Manage jobs and production.
- Update job files and to-do lists.
- Time management of team
- Manage work in progress to achieve agreed timelines and deadlines for clients and suppliers and run daily WIP meetings
- Manage workflow of the office including staff and other managers
- Ensure staff are recording timesheets and meeting job budgets
- Participate with the Managing Director in client meetings, proposals and pitches where creative leadership is required.
- Communicate effectively with clients and suppliers by email, phone and in person in the office.
- Liaise with suppliers to request quotes, order jobs, check quality and collect completed items to meet agreed timelines.
- Assist clients by providing timely, efficient and friendly service in response to enquiries and during projects.
- Estimating and quoting jobs and tenders
- Preparation of job budget P&L
- Draft invoicing on completion of jobs
- Managing jobs costs to meet agreed office and job budgets
- Develop and maintain standardised presentations and proposals.
- Oversee the folio of creative content on company website.
- Create and maintain files.
Skills and attributes required:
- A strong base in a technical or creative skillset is required.
- Current expertise in branding, design and visual communication will be highly regarded.
- Sound understanding of the creative process, in particular branding and visual communication.
- Ability to operate under pressure and manage resources to meet deadlines.
- Effective project management skills.
- Effective business communication skills - written and verbal.
- Customer service focussed.
- Work collaboratively and efficiently as a leader and team member.
- Be self-motivated, confident, and energetic.
Only those with the requested experience will be responded to.
This position is only open to permanent Australian residents.